Family Physician – Arnprior
The Arnprior and District Family Health Organization (ADFHO) is seeking family physicians (who also have an interest in anesthesia) to join our dynamic and well-established organization of seventeen family doctors.
Our clinic is located in Arnprior, Ontario, at the confluence of the beautiful Madawaska and Ottawa Rivers within a thirty-minute drive to Ottawa. Our family physicians have privileges in our local hospital, which is recognized for providing exemplary care. Physicians do provide inpatient care which can be performed independently or as part of an inpatient rotation group. They also can perform emergency room shifts and surgical assists. As part of the perioperative team, there would also be the opportunity to provide anesthesia to support our surgical program. Moreover, many of our physicians enjoy caring for residents in the Grove, a newly built, 96 bed, long term care facility partnered with our hospital.
The ADFHO is partnered with the FHT, which provides the support of an interdisciplinary team including nurse practitioners, nurses, social workers, dietician, respiratory therapist, psychologist, and a pharmacist. This team offers our patients a wide range of acute and chronic disease management, disease prevention and health promotion programs.
With our valley location proximal to the National Capital Region, we have access to the entertainment and events of the city but also the serenity that comes with rural living offering a great work life balance. This growing community offers plenty of outdoor activities year-round including but not limited to hiking trails and recreational parks, golfing, skiing, biking and boating. In addition, there are various facilities and youth recreation programs in the area, including gyms, a hockey arena, indoor pool, curling rink, bowling alley and movie theatre. There are several restaurants, shopping facilities, church denominations and reputable schools.
We look forward to welcoming you to a neighborly community with exceptional professional and recreational opportunities.
Highlights/specifics of the position:
- Supervision is available if required.
- TELUS EMR
- Collaborative practice environment
- Work-life balance
Please apply by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Nurse Practitioner (NP)
The Arnprior and District Family Health Team (ADFHT) is seeking to fill the position of a part-time Nurse Practitioner, for a 5-month contract (3 days per week) to be a part of our interdisciplinary team of health care providers. This position is a maternity leave contract with the possibility of extension.
Candidates must have excellent clinical skills, and expertise in program planning and delivery.
The Nurse Practitioner (NP) will play an integral role in the care of patients. The role of the NP in the ADFHT requires a thorough knowledge of primary care nursing within the scope of the RN (EC) class and the ability to function effectively in a team environment with physicians, other interdisciplinary health professionals and administrative staff. The NP will also contribute to the development and delivery of chronic disease management and health promotion/education programs within the ADFHT.
This important role requires an individual who is well organized, can take initiative, and is a team player. Ideally will have clinical experience in a primary care setting.
Start Date: Jan, 2024
Qualifications and Requirements
- Individual patient assessment and treatment -health assessment, immunization, ordering laboratory-screening tests, diagnosis, treating illness and follow up, health promotion and disease prevention counseling.
- Coordinate appropriate diagnostic tests and procedures as per RN (EC) scope of practice, and/or in consultation with family physicians or in accordance with medical directives.
- Participate as a clinical team member in the development and delivery of targeted programs including but not limited to cancer screening, case management, chronic disease including COPD and obesity, mental health and addictions, reproductive and child health.
- Collection of data as required for statistical/reporting purposes.
- Provide timely and informative reports as directed and requested by the Executive Director and/or Physician Lead.
- Observe, collect, and record patient data in Electronic Medical Record.
- Assist in the training and supervision of students and/or volunteers as requested by the Executive Director and/or Physician Lead.
- Comply with ADFHT policies and procedures.
- Registered with the College of Nurses of Ontario with a Registered Nurse Extended Class RN (EC) and a Primary Health Care Nurse Practitioner certificate.
- In good standing with the College of Nurses of Ontario.
- Master’s degree in nursing or field related to the role performance (i.e. Education, Health Administration, etc.) from a recognized university is preferred.
- Basic CPR certification required.
- Experience in chronic disease management is preferred.
- 5 years nursing experience in diverse roles, community health and previous NP experience an asset.
- Current Ontario driver’s license and access to a vehicle.
At ADFHT our vision is to work together for a healthier community. An individual who enjoys working in a collaborative, patient-centered, and highly motivated environment will thrive in this position. The ADFHT is a participant in the Healthcare of Ontario Pension Plan (HOOPP) and offers a competitive salary. Salary is based on your experience and education. If this fits with your career goals and interest, we would like to hear from you.
We thank all applicants for your interest in advance,
However, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please apply by email to: email@example.com