There are currently 2 job postings at the Arnprior & District Family Health Team.
Part-time RN Contract position, 2 days per week
Moving to full-time maternity leave contract position in May.
The Arnprior and District Family Health Team (ADFHT) is an interdisciplinary team of health care professionals who work in a collaborative model of care to provide primary health care, including chronic disease management and health promotion and disease prevention, to a rostered population of patients.
The ADFHT is currently looking for a Registered Nurse to join their interdisciplinary primary health care team. This is a part-time position (2 days a week) with the possibility of moving to a full-time contract to cover a maternity leave in May/19.
The role of the RN in the ADFHT requires a thorough knowledge of primary care nursing, strong interpersonal skills and the ability to function effectively in a team environment with physicians, interdisciplinary health professionals and administrative staff. The RN will also contribute to the development and delivery of chronic disease management and health promotion/education programs within the ADFHT.
This important role requires an individual who is well organized, has initiative and is a team player.
Duties will include;
- Clinical assessment including but not limited to patient history, recording of vitals, biometric measurements.
- Clinical treatment including but not limited to injections, immunizations, breast feeding support, suture/staple removal.
- Clinical assessment, education and support for patients enrolled in ADFHT chronic disease management, health promotion and disease prevention programs, including but not limited to use of Hypertension Pathway, Smoking Cessation Program, Cardio Pulmonary Rehab and Memory Disorder Program.
- Participation as a clinical team member in the development and delivery of targeted programs including but not limited to palliative care, cancer care, case management, chronic disease, mental health and addictions, re-productive and child health.
- Observing, collecting and recording patient data in the Electronic Medical Record.
- Ability to work flexible hours, one evening a week.
- Comply with established ADFHT personnel policies, procedures, standards and guidelines.Qualifications:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Nursing (Masters is an asset).
- Must be a member in good standing with the College of Nurses of Ontario.
- Basic CPR certification.
- Demonstrated clinical nursing skills.
- Experience in chronic disease management preferred.
- Current Smoking Cessation Certificate preferred.
- Knowledge of community resources connected to the provision of health promotion and illness prevention related services as asset.
- Current Ontario driver’s license and access to a vehicle.
If you are interested in this position, please forward your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, January 4th, 2019. Please indicate “ADFHT Registered Nurse” in the subject line of your e-mail. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Part-time Clinical Psychologist
The Arnprior and District Family Health Team (ADFHT) provides primary health care, including chronic disease management, health promotion and disease prevention, to a rostered population of patients. The ADFHT is seeking to fill the position of a part-time Clinical Psychologist who is registered with the College of psychologists of Ontario. The Clinical Psychologist will play an integral role in the care of the patients of the ADFHT by supporting patient care in the delivery of a shared-care mental health service as part of an Allied mental health team, which includes 2 registered social workers and a registered psychotherapist. The role includes both the provision of direct patient care as well as providing knowledge and expertise to other team members, assisting in the development of programs and development of linkages with other community mental health providers.
- Current registration with the College of Psychologists of Ontario (Those registered with the College in Supervised Practice are welcome to apply) (required)
- Group and individual interventional skills (required)
- Professional liability insurance (required)
- Skilled evaluation, diagnosis and assessment skills of mental health disorders of adults (required)
- Additional areas of expertise in Clinical Psychology with either children, adolescents, seniors, or couples is not required, but is considered an asset
- Experience providing treatment for marital, and family relationship problems is not required but is considered an asset
- Demonstrated clinical skills in assessment, program development, implementation and evaluation.
- Work effectively, both independently and as part of an inter-disciplinary team
- Strong organization and time management skills
- Proficiency in: Windows, Microsoft Office, Email, Internet, Electronic Documentation
Days and Hours of work are negotiable. This position could be from one (1) to three (3) days per week (up to a 0.6 FTE) depending on the candidate’s areas of expertise, availability, and clinical interests.
Please forward cover letter and curriculum vitae by Thursday, January 31, 2019 to: email@example.com or by fax to: (613) 622- 0320.