The Arnprior and District Family Health Team (ADFHT) is seeking to fill the position of a part-time (.7), permanent Social Worker/Psychotherapist (3.5 days per week) to be a part of our interdisciplinary team of health care providers. Candidates must have expertise and comfort providing short term interventions with persons with complex mental health presentations. The primary focus of practice is intake, short term therapy, and group work and system navigation. The position may also include paperwork support for applications such as ODSP or CPP Disability.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Minimum 2 years’ relevant experience, preferably in community based mental health
- Mandatory experience working with adults/older adults/ adolescents
- Proficient in assessments and treatment planning.
- Quick-thinking and able to make fast and sound clinical decisions.
- Experience with individual counseling, and preferred experience with group counseling in a CBT and DBT framework.
- Experience and training in Brief Narrative Therapy is considered an asset.
- Masters of Social Work (preferred)/Bachelors of Social Work or Registered Psychotherapist with relevant experience encouraged to apply.
- Current registration with the Ontario College of Social Workers and Social Service Workers or College of Psychotherapists and proof of professional liability insurance
- Proficiency in electronic documentation ideal
- Position will work in the office but there is the ability to work remotely for up to one day per week.
- There are some additional hours available (5.5 hours per week) to support the Renfrew County Virtual Walk in program on a contract basis if the successful applicant is interested.
At ADFHT our vision is to work together for a healthier community. An individual who enjoys working in a collaborative, patient-centered, and highly-motivated environment will thrive in this position. The ADFHT is a participant in The Healthcare of Ontario Pension Plan (HOOPP) and offers a competitive salary and benefit package. If this position sounds like a good fit, we would like to hear from you.
Please forward cover letter and curriculum vitae to: email@example.com
Deadline: May 11th, 2022
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.