- 17-week Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) group
- 8 to 10 participants
- 2 hours weekly
- reducing symptoms of depression
- reducing feelings of sadness, disinterest and apathy, sleep and appetite
- disturbance, worry and low-motivation
- is an evidence-based treatment that emphasizes the link between thoughts, behaviours, and emotions
- is an active, skills-based, therapy that provides participants with the tools to work on combating depression
A skills-based, evidence-based therapy group with the same people week to week. It lasts 17 sessions and will help you to better cope with symptoms of depression. This group doesn’t aim to cure the depression, but will give you tools to better deal with its episodes. This program is available by physician referral only. Please speak with your doctor if you think it’s for you.
The group is delivered by the registered professionals in our Mental Health Team. Group participants are pre-screened to ensure a good fit for all participants (e.g., all members have similar levels of depression). Outcomes scales are used to measure success.